DIY Floral Bohemian Baby Girl Nursery
I have to admit, when I heard we were expecting a girl, one of the big things on my mind was redecorating the nursery. I had visions of pink and mint, flowers, twinkle lights and fairies. It was going to be a magical room. A place where our daughter could cultivate her imagination and feel like a fairy princess.
So we packed up our son, four months before my due date, and moved him into another room, his “big boy room” (another post for another day). Now I was ready to start updating the nursery for our girl.... Then I remembered how expensive “baby stuff” is.
I got to work making Pinterest inspiration boards and did (what I thought was) the easiest and prettiest DIY nursery accessories for a baby girl. I also got creative with my surroundings. I got to work and made Genevieve’s nursery into the vintage floral bohemian haven you see below.
I hope it inspires you and gives other mamas some sweet ideas for your little’s space. And remember, you don’t have to break the bank to have a beautiful and up to date/modern nursery!
DIYs // Tips // Tricks
- Floral “G” for Genevieve // get a wooden letter and hot glue flowers of your choice
- Framed sayings and artwork // buy the print and frame it yourself, much more affordable!
- Moses Basket with Stand // facebook group TRADE (that's right - it was free/ a swap)
- Don’t buy new books // use some from a previous child or find at a thrift store
- Buy new stuffed animals // BUT wait till they’re on sale or you can use a coupon!
- Bohemian Hanging Ribbons // made from a twig found outside and leftover lace/pretty ribbon
- Floral Mobile // stock twig wreath and hot glued flowers along the outside, top and bottom and a few hung cascading flowers with clear fishing line.
- Pennant Name Banner // made from Stampin’ Up! designer paper and cutouts.
- Almost all books, toys and stuffed animals were my firstborn’s, that he no longer uses.
- Vintage books // found at thrift stores
- Functional closet space // $75 kit from Lowe’s; cut one side of the hanger rail from kit in half, one side of the shelf has one long rail - other side has two small rails. Add extra long board on top of entire closet length for optimal storage
I cannot express how happy I am with the outcome of her nursery! It brings me so much joy to be in her room. The kid's rooms are always the newest and best-designed rooms in the house, but I’m okay with that. Foster their dreams and cultivate their imaginations.