5 Affordable Valentine’s Day Date Ideas for Couples
Valentine’s Day is almost here! If you have put little to no thought into what you want to do for Valentine’s Day, take heart, you are not alone! I don’t hate Valentine’s Day, I just don’t really put that much pressure on it anymore. I want us to be the kind of couple that shows affection all throughout the year, not just on one day. But it’s still nice to have a thought out “date” for Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t have to be expensive! Here are Five Affordable Valentine’s Day Date Ideas for Couples.
1) Watch a movie at home together. Here are my top 10 favorite romantic movies, perfect for the occasion!
2) Take a romantic stroll at a local Greenway, Riverwalk or park.
3) Personal Chef. One person makes dinner, the other person makes dessert!
4) Go on a little trip of significant places to your relationship as a couple (coffee shop, grocery store, Church, the lake)
5) Grab some blankets, Tea/hot cocoa and star gaze!
Bonus: Pick your favorite board games and have a cozy game night in together.
There ya have it. I’m sure none of these are new suggestions for a date night, but I wanted to reassure you that it is OK to also use these for Valentine’s Day. It doesn’t have to be overly elaborate just because our culture makes a big deal out of it. When you’re a parent of young children it can be hard to either find a sitter to watch your babes for you, or to leave them in general. But it is always important to build and strengthen your relationship and put in that quality time as a couple.
We will definitely be doing one of the these for Valentine’s Day. I’m thinking I like the sound of “personal chef”. I’ve already made the cookies, and we have ice cream, so it looks like I’m good to go ;) Which one is your favorite Valentine’s Day date night idea? Leave me a comment below!